What’s this about?
As part of our work, Birmingham Holiday Activities sometimes needs to collect some information about the young people we reach, like you. It’s our job to tell you how we will collect the information, how we will record it and how we will use it.
What information do we collect?
When attending any sessions, you may be asked by the coach or leader for some personal details, including your date of birth and postcode. Your coach or session leader records this information for us securely. This data is anonymised when we access and use it for any purposes that means, we do not see your name.
In addition, we may occasionally ask you to complete a survey, where we may ask you questions relating to the sessions you attend, taking part in sport, physically activity, wellbeing and satisfaction. Your responses are kept completely anonymous, but you have the option to provide your name and email address/phone number.
Also, this website collects small bits of information in cookies (small files) to help it do things. These cookies are saved in your web browser so we can find them next time you visit. Here is a list of the cookies and what they do.
wordpress_test_cookie – used to check if cookies are enabled in the web browser to provide the appropriate user experience to you.
BHAP-Code – used to tell us you have provided a code so we don’t ask you again.
You can delete these cookies at any time in your web browser settings.
Why do we collect and how do we use your information?
- We will only collect your information when we need it to help us do our job. When we’ve collected it, here’s how we use it:
We sometimes give out prizes for people who fill in our surveys, so we need names and contact details to get in touch with the lucky winners.
- We may analyse your (anonymised) personal details, to monitor and report on our impact and reach – for example to show what percentage were aged 11-16 years.
- We may analyse your survey responses (anonymised), to understand our target market (i.e. who is attending) and quality of our service (i.e. what they think of the activities)
- We may contact you about holiday activities provided by Birmingham Holiday Activities (i.e. what activity is happening) if you have given us permission to do this.
Do you have to give us your information?
No. But if you want to be in with a chance to win a prize after completing one of our surveys, we will need your name and email address/phone number to be able to contact you if you are winner.
What are your rights?
You and your parents have the right to:
- Be told how we use your information.
- Ask to see the information we hold.
- Ask us to change information you think is wrong.
- Ask us to remove information when it’s not needed anymore.
- Ask us to only use your information in certain ways, or not to be processed at all.
If the information we are collecting is information that you can choose not to give, you can tell us to stop collecting it at any time.
Now you’ve read this, we hope you understand that:
- The law allows us to get and use your information anonymously to help us do our job.
- We may share your information with others, but it will be completely anonymised.
Who do I contact?
If you wish to contact us about your personal data or exercise any of the rights described above please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at StreetGames UK Ltd, 61 Mosley Street, 4th Floor Woolwich House, Manchester, M2 3HZ.